Monday, April 19, 2010

Road Rage and my Cell Phone Stun Gun



How I used my Cell Phone Stun gun in a Road Rage Incident.

I live in a rural area at base of the Sierra Mountains. The roads into town are narrow and winding with cell phone coverage spotty at best, as you would expect. Generally things are pretty quiet out here. Even so my wife and I always bring our cell phones and stun guns when we travel as part of our personal defense plan.

We have all had a fast moving car or truck will come up behind us on a rural road at one time or another. In these instances it is customary to find a safe place to pull over and let the faster vehicle pass. This usually results in a smile and a wave, but not always.

Recently I was taking a drive into the city and had my first ever experience with road rage on a rural road. A big Chevy truck came up on me at a high rate of speed and as always I pulled of the road and let him pass as soon as it was safe. As he passed I gave the customary wave although at the speed this guy was traveling there was no way to tell if he waved back. At this point I got an uneasy feeling and made sure my cell phone stun gun and my AT&T cell phone were accessible and ready to use.

A few miles further, where the rural road meets the highway into town, the the big truck was stopped at the side. Although it seemed a bit unusual, I assumed he was most likely talking on his cell phone. But as I passed he quickly pulled onto the road and right on my rear bumper again. Then as I turned onto the highway the man in the big truck ran the stop sign and roared onto the highway so again I pulled off to allow him to pass. When I noticed he was pulling his truck up next to mine my cell phone stun gun was already in my hand.

It was now clear that this was going to be my first road rage incident in a rural area. Rather than jump out of my truck and possibly causing a physical confrontation, I simply pretended to call 911 with my cell phone stun gun. That was enough to change his mind as I watched the expression on his face turn from rage to shock in an instant as he sped back onto the highway.

Even though we all hope to never be involved in a road rage incident, it can happen any where, even on a rural road. Plan ahead, stay calm and carry a cell phone stun gun for personal protection. Even in your car.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like that guy was having a bad day. I bet it would have been worse (for him) if you would have had to zap him with your high voltage cell phone stun gun!

    ReplyDelete